Sunday, April 7, 2013

Adventures in Thailand

I wrote a previous post that captured some of the insights into why you should go to Thailand and the tactics in which you should follow. That post is titled Traveling to Thailand

 However, in this post, I want to capture some of the moments you can have in Thailand like shown in the figure above. I hope to encourage others to travel the world also.



To arrive in Thailand I took a sleeper train through Malaysia into Hat Yai, Thailand.  I booked this through Seat 61 online for around $20. Shown on the rights is the bed.  It was perfect for about a 6' guy like I am.  Any taller though and you'd have to be pretty scrunched.






Arriving in Hat Yai, I felt like I was in a movie.  Some American on a great adventure across the world.  I'm on the left in this photo trying to search for a place to find a bus to Krabi.  I eventually found the city bus station after asking several people around the city.






Once I arrived in the Ao Nang peninsula of Thailand, I was ready for even more adventure.  Below are some pictures that best capture all that I did.
First some beautiful beaches with some awesome monkeys.


Then, a little climbing and a lot of falling.  Climbing is a passion I've had since high school, so I made sure to really experience these massive cliffs in Thailand.




Lastly, I headed up north into Bangkok before flying back to Doha.  There are all kinds of things to do in Bangkok from the parties to the sightseeing.  Here is a photo of me overlooking Bangkok from a the top of a temple.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures and you too get to experience this amazing world.  It is just a huge playground for us.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I just returned from Thailand (Phuket & Chiang Mai) and it was a beyond amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'm glad you got to go. I'd like to go back next time I get a chance.

      Delete