Saturday, April 6, 2013

Turn Your Life into a Story

I have realized how I didn’t really love where my life was heading.  It wasn’t bad at all but it really wasn’t something really… special.  I know I should not take any of it for granted as I am surrounded by great people and have a great job, but something from my life was still missing.  I am like most people; I want to somehow make a difference in this world and be a positive influence on others.  But you know what is different?  Some people actually do it.

It hit me the other day how are focus turns our lives into something…boring.  I was walking with one of my friends when a really nice sports car passed us.  My friend said, “Man, all I would like is to have a car like that!”  I agreed the car was pretty nice, but I realized that this is what many people are consumed of.  We work really hard at our job in order to save up for something really nice or just for retirement.  If we are lucky and planned well; then this will happen for us.

But where is the STORY in that?

I want a life that is a story, something exciting and slightly unpredictable.  Not a story where I worked for 10 years at a job I didn’t love to buy a sports car and ride off into the sunset with it.  To live an actual story, we may need to jump out of our comfort zone into a more unpredictable area.
I hope this article can open a few eyes into how some of us are living.  I hope it encourages you to chase a dream of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment