Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Plans of Pacific Coast Bike Route

As posted earlier, I'm planning on biking from Oregon to the Mexico border.  I would have loved to bike the entire coast like many do from Vancouver to San Diego, but I will be in Eugene, OR anyways so will start from there.  I'm on a timeline to reach San Diego by the end of May.
Some of these days may be pushing my limits, but this is just a rough estimate to keep a more realistic approach.  I have the number of the park listed and it turns out all the hiker/biker sites are $5/night.  I know there is a book out there specifically made for people biking the pacific coast but I wanted to save a little money/have fun planning it myself.  This way it offers for a little more adventure too.

The State of Oregon offers a free Map of their coastal bike route.  It can be found at http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/BIKEPED/docs/oregon_coast_bike_route_map.pdf.
I'll continue to post more of my detailed planning and updates on my trip.  I hope this will offer a useful reference or inspiration for others.


No comments:

Post a Comment